Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Crappy Electrical System in 2002 Sonata


I finally bought what could pass for a luxury car in October of 2002. I had thought about something like a Toyota Corolla Above - Pic of Hyundai Presidents Curse which would have been the wiser move, but the Greenish coloured Sonata looked and rode just to nice. I took out a 2002 Camry at the same time and the Sonata rode and handled better.

All in all I have been reasonably satisfied with it, it has to many miles on it 161,000 at last count, but thats what you get when you live in the country. My wife is described well by an old PEI saying "She runs the roads al lot, but she makes good pickles". I guess that makes everyting allright.

Anyway last spring the park lights wouldn't turn off which of course is going to run the battery down so I have to remove a fuse to shut them off. The problem is that when the fuse is out the taillights don't come on, so whenever we want to use the car at night I have to pop the hood, get into the fuse box and install a fuse. Then when I get out of the car I have to reverse the process. I have had a mechanic look at it twice and spend about an hour trying to find the problem. I took it over to Hyundia and they said replace the circuits that hold the fuses because trying to find the problem could take a long time. The cost $700.00, that really pisses me off a frigging little box that I am being gouged for. Hell I can buy a whole computer for less.

So my comment of the day is "The pox on Hyundai". Actually pox isn't exactly pox its syphillis. So, President of Hyundai when you start to break out with scabs on your dickie I want you to know that if you put a reasonable price on your electrical parts this wouldn't have happened to you. Try explaining that to your wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home