Monday, July 23, 2007

How time flies

I can hardly believe it has been over 6 months since the last time I posted something to this. Its not that I haven't got anything to say, I just got out of the habit.

Life has gotten to be a blur for some reason, I think its because I have to much to do and not enough time to do it in. Maybe thats normal when you are over 60, and subconsciously your body realizes that is exactly the state you are in.

I think the constant stream of despair coming from Iraq has also had an effect on me as I find it depressing to constantly be reminded of the madness the human race is not only capable of, but drawn towards. Somehow I keep coming back to my belief that we were created for better things than practicing acts of savagery, one upon another.

God must be terribly disappointed! But then I suppose nothing surprises him so maybe thats not an emotion he practices, but then maybe it is. The better emotional description might be troubled.

When Jesus came to the family of Lazarus he saw the dead mans sisters grieving and his friends weeping, the bible uses the term "troubled" to describe the feelings Jesus had. And the action following his feeling gives us the shortest verse in the bible. "Jesus wept".

God must spend a lot of time weeping, that makes me sad.

I also spend a lot of time being confused because hard as I try I can't make any sense of the whole mess no matter which side I try and look at the issues from. The prince of this world is having a field day, but then I guess he always has been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home